Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I spent the past week in Charlotte for work and then Thanksgiving.  I started the week off at Nan and Byron's with the girls.  It was delicious!
Next up was a lot of baking with Ren to get ready for Thanksgiving.  We made the Salted Caramel Chocolate Pecan Pie that was featured in the November Southern Living.  It was fantastic- highly recommend!



And a few other desserts we made.  This is the 3rd cheesecake I have made this season.  It's a favorite to bring to Holiday events!
Thanksgiving morning we always run the Turkey Trot.  This was my 7th consecutive year participating.  Definitely not my best performance, but at least I got out there!  I think this was the coldest it has ever been during the run.  It was 21 degrees when we started- I couldn't feel my feet until about mile 4...

Thanksgiving Day pics:

Ren and Caroline had their first craft time recently while Ren was babysitting.  She made this cute ornament for Chip and Lauren.  Ren painted Caroline's foot and stamped it on a piece of canvas.  She gave it to her parents as a surprise on Thanksgiving :)  It was so sweet!

 Watching with anticipation!
 They loved it!

Chris and Mark did a wonderful job on the Turkey as usual- cute little cooks!  
 Tami and Rita enjoying some vino :)

And a few tablescape pics
 This was the tree we used at my Wedding for the "Family Tree."  Ren kept it and it serves a different purpose at each Holiday/Celebration.  On Thanksgiving we write what we are thankful for and hang it on the tree.
Chris and Caroline checking out the tree.  Caroline loves to be with Uncle Chris!


Friday morning we drove down to Greenville, SC to celebrate with the Jetton side.  Every married girl on the Jetton side had a baby this year (except me of course)!

Babies playing
 Cousin Christen with her baby Camden
 Moms with their babies
We got home around 6pm on Friday and have been in full decoration mode!  We are having our Housewarming/Holiday/Birthday party next weekend and we have a lot to do before then. Thank goodness our housewarming gift from Wells Fargo came in while I was gone. I am so excited to clean with this new Shark!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We are all so blessed and have so much to be thankful for!

1 comment: