We finally have the Nursery pretty much complete! The only item left is the monogram which will hang above the crib. That will make an appearance once Baby T arrives :)
"The empty room" before pics
And after! Chris added the crown molding which makes it look so much more finished
Ren made this teething rail and bed skirt. I love how it turned out!
And this little corner is my favorite- this was my mom's doll when she was a little girl and those are some of my old ballet shoes signed by 2 professional ballerinas
I had been looking for floating bookshelves and the ones I found were either cheap (and cheap looking) or ridiculously expensive. So I pulled some pics of what I liked and Chris bought some wood and made these shelves. They turned out so nice and way cheaper than buying the Pottery Barn ones I originally liked!
Chris also built this handy little shelf for the baby monitor and ran the wires through the wall. This way we don't have cords everywhere :)
It's all ready for her arrival!
We are spending our last few weeks doing things around the house. Cary Living also did a spread on the best donut places in the Triangle, so we are trying one out each Saturday. Last Saturday we hit Duck Donuts. They were seriously some of the best donuts I have ever had. So fresh and hot and made to order! Tomorrow we are trying Bakers Dozen in Cary. I am not sure they can live up to Duck Donuts, but we shall see :)
The nursery is beautiful! Such a lucky little lady!
ReplyDeleteIt looks gorgeous!! Please send Chris over to my house (I wasn't joking last night!). XOXO
ReplyDeleteAh!!! What a gorgeous little room! I want to live in there! Love my niece! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks all! Whit- Chris would be glad to help out at your house! He loves doing that type of stuff :)
ReplyDelete