Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy Birthday!

Last week Renny and I celebrated our Birthdays.  We are just 1 day apart from each other (12/3 and 12/4).  She has always said I am the best Birthday gift she ever received :) I couldn't be in Charlotte for her Birthday, so we celebrated a little early while she was in Cary visiting us.
 
Happy Birthday Renny!  Now that I am a mom I know how much work taking care of me must have been.  Lunches were always packed (and we aren't just talking PB&J- these were gourmet lunches), dinner was always made, laundry was always done (yep, I didn't do my own laundry until I went to college), and the house was always spotless.  I honestly don't know how you did it.  I know you must not have had a single moment to yourself.  Thanks for everything- we love you!
 Birthday girls (31 and 65) with baby Anna
How cute is this cake?!  Nothing Bundt Cakes is my new favorite cake bakery.  The cakes are delicious and I love all the decoration choices. 
 
 
My Birthday started quite early this year (2:20am to be exact- feeding time)!  It was definitely a different type of Birthday but I am so thankful for my sweet little family.  Chris's mom came up to watch Anna so we could enjoy dinner out- so nice!
 Making a wish!
 
 
 
Notice our tree is up- here is a pic of Anna picking out her first Christmas Tree (she slept through he whole thing, but we told her about it later)!
 and... Santa's WORST helper!!  This is the bag of garland that goes on our mantle.  Each year Tommy eats the garland, throws it up and repeat.  He never learns!
We have had a much better week this week with the NAM because they made it a little smaller at our appointment last week.  Another larger adjustment coming this Wednesday, but hopefully Anna will handle it well.  I can't believe her surgery is just 1 month away.  I am getting nervous but excited at the same time.
 
Cheering on the Panthers!
Anna has just started trying to suck her thumb, but it's a little difficult with the NAM in.  She gives it a good try though!
 
Hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday Season!  I am so excited my college girls (the "six") are coming in town this weekend.  I can't wait to see them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comments. I was definitely tired when my head hit the pillow each night but having a family has been the most rewarding part of my life!

    ReplyDelete