Tuesday, August 9, 2016

We survived!

I think we survived Anna's last surgery for the year!  It was a looonnnngggg 2 weeks though.  Last Wednesday (12 days post surgery) Anna was still running a fever, still up all night and still refusing her bottle/liquids.  I had a feeling something else was wrong, not related to surgery, so I took her to the Pediatrician and asked them to test for a UTI.... that involved taping a bag to Anna and sitting around waiting for her to go to the bathroom.  Luckily, it only took about 5 mins of waiting! On Thursday the doc called and said Anna did have a UTI and prescribed her a new antibiotic (she had already been on one for 10 days prior to prevent infection in her mouth).  Friday she was still running a fever...Then the doc called and said they investigated her labs further and the antibiotic they prescribed would not work because the bacteria causing the UTI was resistant to it.  Good grief people!  So we took her back to the doctor to get 2 antibiotic shots and started her on a new prescription.  I think this FINALLY did the trick!  Friday evening Anna took her bottle for the first time in 2 weeks and she slept almost all the way through the night! It is slightly odd for a baby to have a UTI, so we have to take her to UNC on Friday for an ultrasound of her kidneys to make sure there is no damage and nothing functionally wrong.  I swear, I thought this was going to be my first doctor appointment free week.  Maybe next week!

All last week Chris' sister was in town watching Anna so we could go back to work.  It was so nice to have her help!  It was like having a live in Nanny (now I feel like I really NEED one).  Thursday we had our follow-up with Dr. Marcus and he gave us the all-clear!  No more NoNo's!  This was Anna's face when we took off her NoNo's and gave her favorite teething ring to her :)
We even got a little date night in! 
I think they had a good time together :)
Anna seems to be almost back to normal now.  She still isn't sleeping well, so we are hoping she gets back on track soon.  We spent the weekend doing some "babyproofing" :)

 Sweet Girl!
I can't believe she will be 11 months old next week and we will be celebrating 5 years of Marriage! Where does the time go?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment