Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Exterior Choices

We make all of our final house design decisions this Sunday.  This includes what the exterior of the house will look like.  Here is a picture of the elevation that we chose:
The house will look exactly like this, except we can choose a different color, trim color, and stone color.  We can also choose to make the board and batten a different color from the siding.  I can't decide if I want the entire house to be one color or use two tones.  I also can't decide which color I like best!

The builder uses Sherwin Williams.  I am leaning towards grays and greens.  So far, 6172 "Hardware", 7046 "Anonymous" and 6167 "Chatroom" are my favorites (Color options).  

If you haven't heard of Houzz, look it up (Houzz).  It's awesome.  You can search for design features on the site and it instantly provides pictures and vendors for the product.  The house below has Chatroom for the siding color, and Hardware for the board and batten. Do you like the two tones?
   This house used Anonymous

 This is a house in our soon to be neighborhood that used Hardware
 
Are these too gray? I love more of a greenish color, but Chris doesn't like them as much.

Sherwin Williams has a color visualizer tool where you can try colors on a house.  This was the closest type of house I could find on the site.  It gives you a general idea of what the colors would look like.
Top left to right:  Sage, Hardware with Anonymous accents, Hardware on the full house, and the last house has Oyster Bay.  I am kind of liking the lighter Oyster Bay color but it might look too beachy.

On a different note, I received this cute text today while at work.  My sweet niece, Caroline, turned 2 months last week and today was her 2 month check-up! I love receiving texts of her- it brightens my day. I can't wait to go home over Easter to see her and the rest of the family!

Happy Hump Day, tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Can you add an option so I can easily "follow" your blog in Blogger?
    I love the elevation you chose! This is so exciting. Can't wait to hear more about the house. You can't go wrong with any of the colors.
    XO,
    Whit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Whit! There is a "follow by email" link at the top right. I am new to this blogging thing, so let me know if there is another type of gadget I should add.

      Delete
    2. do you know what color the first house is? I actually like that color and the hardware thanks!

      Delete
    3. Hi- yes it is Gray Matters on the Board and Batten and Argos on the siding. Thanks!

      Delete