Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Move #1- CHECK!

The past 5 days have been a whirlwind.  I feel like I have the flu I am so tired and sore.  Thank goodness move #1 is complete.  We just got the last of our items from the Townhouse and are now enjoying our very small apartment.  Closing is tomorrow morning, so hopefully all goes as planned.  We have already signed the Deed, so our side is complete!  Here's a recap of moving weekend:

Saturday morning we drove to Charlotte for Tate and Catherine's Engagement Party.  Of course we made a pit stop first to see Sweet Caroline!

Chris is so sweet with babies (me- I just look awkward)!

Next up was the Engagement Party at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery.  Amanda did a great job planning this for her big bro.  Congrats to Tate and Catherine!
Lauren, Amanda, Me
SIL!
Cute matching outfits

Sunday morning we woke up early and drove back to Durham.  We enlisted a few friends to help us move all of our big items.  It would have been way easier to just hire movers, but Chris's philosophy is "why pay someone to do something that I can do myself."  I am the opposite- I will pay someone all day for the convenience!  Anywho...this is what the day looked like.  We could not have done it without our wonderful friends- thanks guys!
Our storage unit started out so nice and organized.  Not anymore!  We have it jam packed.  I seriously don't know how we got everything in there. 
Before
After...
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights we finished getting things from the townhouse and cleaned it up a good bit. It's exhausting to think about doing this again in just 3 months.  Luckily, mom has already offered to take a few days off to help (and now that it is on this blog there is no backing out)! 

Here is our quaint little apartment...The cats are definitely still adjusting (they will live)...
We said goodbye to Basset Hall tonight.  It was a great first home for us and I know Chris enjoyed it the 5 years that he was there.   Thanks to Grey for helping us get it SOLD!

 Chris wrote the new owners a note on how to care for the blackberry bush he planted a few years ago and we left them a bottle of Champagne!  I know, how sweet :)

Ok, last thing.  Here is what our house looks like as of Monday- love how the paint turned out!  Can't wait to see it with the stone on.
Hope the week is going well for everyone. I am swamped at work (of course when everything else is busy too).  Not complaining though- lucky to have a job.  I am off to Charlotte on Saturday and staying the week for work. Can't wait to see friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment