We had a great Christmas. Where do I begin... This is going to be a long post!!
On Christmas Eve Chris and I exchanged gifts a little early. It's always so hectic for us and we felt like it would be nice to exchange gifts before leaving town (and one less thing to pack in the car)! Chris said he didn't feel "Christmassy" so he made us wear these Santa hats while we opened gifts.
On Christmas Eve Chris and I exchanged gifts a little early. It's always so hectic for us and we felt like it would be nice to exchange gifts before leaving town (and one less thing to pack in the car)! Chris said he didn't feel "Christmassy" so he made us wear these Santa hats while we opened gifts.
Tom helped of course
Then we drove to Charlotte for Christmas Eve dinner with Ren and Christmas Eve service at MPUMC. It's my favorite service of the year!
Chris played Santa's helper/Elf
Ren's house looked beautiful as always!
Ren spent most of the year making Caroline a stocking. She also finished Lauren's stocking and got a good start on Chris's new stocking! They are all so beautiful and personal.
The grey cat on Caroline's is Lucy.
Pretty Liner
Notice Tom and Chase on Chris's stocking :)
Christmas morning the whole crew came over. It was so fun to see Caroline open her gifts!
Santa brought us this beautiful entryway chest! I LOVE it!
In its new place at home
We got Caroline a fur coat for Christmas :)
After Christmas morning we headed to my Aunt Sally's house for lunch. I didn't take too many pictures, but I did get a few of Caroline in her Christmas Dress.
After lunch we headed to Greensboro for Chris's side. We had another delicious meal and exchanged gifts!
After a night in Greensboro we headed home to get ready for our big Family dinner on the 28th. It turned out great and we had so much fun with everyone who came to spend the weekend! This was Chip, Lauren and Caroline's first trip to the Triangle since I have lived here, so they came on Friday and stayed till Sunday!
Fun and Aunt Lauren and Uncle Chris's!
The cats had never met a baby before. It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I am skeptical of babies at first too. They will come around!
Caroline reaching to pet the "kitty cat" (she can kind of say it)!
Trying to calm Tom
Nope, not so much Tom says!
Tables set for dinner. Amanda gave me these beautiful gold twig placemats for my birthday. I love them! they look so pretty and unique on the table.
It was fun to use my China and my Christmas China. I wish we used them more often!
We had 24 for dinner, so every chair in the house was used (plus a few fold ups)!
My new Nora Fleming platter and Pine Cone Mini :) I had been wanting one of these forever! Stuffed mushroom recipe to come in a few weeks. They are delicious.
Not sure why this pic is so blurry, but you get the idea
That's a wrap! I headed back to work this morning. This was a busy year with the Europe trip and moving twice, so I don't really have any PTO left. It was a great mini break and so nice to see family! Hope everyone has a safe and fun New Years Eve!





No comments:
Post a Comment