Thursday, February 27, 2014

Screen Porch


Last weekend was beautiful.  I made Chris go for a walk 3 days in a row and we also spent time on our screen porch.  I have been wanting new screen porch furniture since before we built the house, so last weekend really made us pull the trigger!

I knew I wanted a sectional but it was so hard to find something with quality fabric. I originally thought I would buy from Pottery Barn or Ballard Designs, but then I came across this sectional from Sam's. It has all Sunbrella fabric (better than PB or BD) and was a reasonable price!
Avondale 6-Piece Sectional Seating Set with Premium Sunbrella® Fabric  
I really don't like the tables, but that's Ok.  I love the shape of the sectional  and the size will fit perfectly on our porch.  So, I made a few schemes for items to go with the sectional (all while I was supposed to be studying, ugghhhh).

#1

#2
and #3
After looking at each all together I decided I wasn't really digging #1.  The red and blue looks a little too 4th of July and doesn't go with the rest of the house.  I really love the rug in #2 and love the colors for Summer in #2.  But... I decided #3 would be the most versatile.  It's so different, yet brings in colors from the rest of the house.  The neutral rug will last for years and if I get tired of the Poufs and Pillows then I can change those out.  

So, everything is ordered- just waiting on it to get here!  This is how the Screen Porch looks right now.  In a few weeks we plan to  stain the floor and paint the rails to match the trim.  I can't wait for it to be finished!  The cats are excited too :)

Displaying photo.JPG
 Happy almost Friday!  Be on the lookout for pictures of the finished product in a few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors!! Can't wait to sit out there and have a glass of vino!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Can't wait for you to come see it!

    ReplyDelete