Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Surprise Wedding!

We had such a fun weekend.  Amanda and Thomas came to town to attend Nate and Carla's Housewarming party with us. Nate is a fellow "squatter" (term used to describe the few of us in the office who don't actually work with anyone else in the office).  Nate and his Fiancee, Carla, started building a house about 4 months after me and Chris.  We shared problem builder stories and it was fun to hear how his house was progressing, similar to ours.

Nate had been planning his big Housewarming party for a few months.  His parents along with Carla's parents live out of town.  Everyone planned to attend the housewarming party because they had not yet seen the house.  Nate and Carla had also been engaged for about a year (and together for a total of 9 years) but had not set a date to get married because they were busy building the house. So everyone showed up to this Housewarming party thinking it was just that...

We had been there about an hour when all the sudden the family started gathering outside for a "picture."  I thought that would be a perfect time to run to the restroom and refill my wine glass :)  While I was inside I heard a big cheer and thought that was odd, when I walked back outside I heard wedding music and saw Carla walking down the aisle (in their backyard).  I looked at Amanda and said "Oh my gosh are they getting married?!"  She said yes... Apparently while I was inside Nate welcomed everyone to the party and said that him and Carla never wanted a big wedding, they just wanted their family, friends and good beer.  They once thought about getting married in Mexico, but Carla's dad doesn't fly, so they were having a hard time thinking of a place to do a very small wedding.  Then he introduced the pastor and everyone knew.   It was SO SWEET and such a nice SURPRISE!  Only 4 people in the entire house knew about the surprise Wedding (Nate, Carla, the Pastor and her sister).

Ok, enough with the story- here are the pics!

Carla with her dad, Nate and the Pastor

 Ring exchange
 You may kiss the Bride!
 Office friends (Amanda, Nate, me and Trevor)
 The Bride!


 I felt a little guilty about wearing white pants to a wedding!
 The newlyweds!
 It was the best "housewarming" party we have ever been to!

Thomas enjoyed telling the cats about it later that night :)
What a nice way to start our wedding season.  We have 3 weddings in May, 1 in August, 2 in September, and 1 in November.  Get ready for lots of fun pictures!
 
I also did a few things around the house this past weekend.  I ordered a new light for the kitchen area about a month ago, but my handyman (Chris) finally had time to hang it!  I love how it turned out!

Before:
After- lantern from Pottery Barn and the rug is from Joss and Main.  The rug might be slightly small for the area, but I loved the pattern. It will work for right now:
Hope the week is going well!

2 comments: