I am a little late on this post but I hope everyone had a fun Halloween. We couldn't decide on an outfit for Anna, so she wore a few different things throughout the day. I can't wait for next year when she will be big enough to really dress up!
Have I mentioned how fun our neighborhood is? We woke up one morning to find this lovely treat on our front doorstep :)
It was a successful Halloween!
This week has been a little stressful. Anna got her nose stint at the doctor on Wednesday. It attaches to the front of the NAM, so now we continue doing everything we were doing before plus more. We apply adhesive to her mouth and tape it to start bringing the middle piece of her nose over and in line with the middle of her face and we also put the stint up into her nose. We spent about 3 hours at the doctor on Wednesday getting the NAM adjusted. To me it looked very tight and I kept asking if she would be able to breathe. They all assured me that the nose stint would actually help lift her nostril and help her breathe better. Call me crazy, but that seems hard to understand if the stint is taking up the entire opening of her nose... Anyway, I left the doctor with her screaming bloody murder. When we got home she was completely white and her lips looked blue. I immediately took the stupid NAM out and let her breathe. She looked better within a few minutes of having it out. I called Chris and told him I would not be putting it back in until he came home and could see the situation. When he got home we went through the process of putting it back in, and she was still having issues. I tend to overreact (I don't even like to drink Milk on the sell by date), and Chris tends to underreact (that might not be a word but you get the idea). Anyway, he seemed concerned to say the least so we texted the doctor to see what the deal was. He called us right back and said she would just have to adjust and her nose would have to stretch out and then she should be fine. We monitored her all night and Chris got his O2 tank out just in case, but sure enough her nostril stretched out and she started to breathe better. She still hates the device, but at least we know she can breathe.
Thank goodness Renny was able to be in town and go to the appointment with me. Here is Anna having a break from the face tape (notice how red her sweet skin is from all the tape )...
New lip taping goes on first each day- she really hates this part. The adhesive smells terrible! I hope it doesn't kill all her brain cells...
Dr. Santiago fitting the NAM with new nose stint. Anna was so upset which made me upset. Dr. Santiago gave me a hug and said I just had to trust him. Easier said than done!
Not a happy camper... It is cool to see what her nose should/will look like after surgery though!
Lots of fun here.... I hate to wish away these weeks with Anna at home but we are so over the NAM! She has to wear it until her first surgery. We were hoping for a December surgery date, but it looks like the Surgeon will not have availability until January. That's a slight headache for us as they do not want her going to daycare until after surgery and I am scheduled to return to work sometime in December. We will get it all figured out! Anna is a trooper and just this week she has started to stay awake a little more. Here is a pic of her enjoying some playtime :)
I can't believe it's November and Anna will be 2 months old soon. I feel like I have the most unproductive days, but they seem to fly by!
Love these updates! What a trooper sweet Anna is, and you guys are such great parents!! I wish we lived closer so we could help out! She looks so precious in all her Halloween outfits!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kerri! I wish we lived closer too! Hope you all are doing well.
DeleteI absolutely love her and I am so proud of her... You and Chris get parents of the year award! So amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Carrie! Let me know if you are in the neighborhood this week and want to visit 😉
DeleteDefinitely Parents of the Year! This is quite an adventure for sure. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteThanks Renny, love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Caroline and Ren, parents of the year! Y'all are doing such a great job with her! Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteThanks Simpy! I hope she can come meet you very soon :)
ReplyDelete