Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Holidays 2015

I can't believe 2015 is over!  In some ways it went by very quickly, but in other ways (like the first 20 weeks of pregnancy) it went by pretty slow.  We had a nice Holiday Season and Anna seemed to enjoy her first Christmas!

Christmas Eve our friends Ashley and Ryan came to meet Anna.  Ashley and I got engaged right around the same time in 2010 and then got married within a month of each other in 2011.  We shared the wedding planning experience and now the pregnancy/first baby experience together.  Ashley had baby Bryn in June of 2015!


Christmas Eve with Chris's family
 
I really missed being in Charlotte on Christmas Eve and going to our Christmas Eve service.  Thankfully, MPUMC had a live stream so we were still able to watch it while baby Anna napped in her swing :)


 
Christmas Morning- I have always wanted to wear matching PJs, so I started the tradition this year.  Chris seemed less than thrilled with my PJ choice this year, but he was a good sport and smiled for some pictures at least!
Christmas morning Anna pulled out her NAM and ripped off her base tape from her cheeks.  She just wasn't having it!  Her cheeks were so irritated we decided to leave the NAM out for most of Christmas.

Halfway through Christmas day we drove to Charlotte for Christmas #2.
Jetton girl cousins- Caroline, Abby and Anna
Anna fell asleep during Christmas #2 of the day as well
Anna with sweet Maw- 91years young :)
Me, Renny and Lollie with the girls
The Girls! They are going to have so much fun together growing up (Caroline will be 3 on 1/12, Abby is 9 months and Anna is 3.5 months)
 Caroline kept saying "I love baby Anna so much"  It was the sweetest thing ever!  She loves holding her hand
 Christmas wouldn't be complete without the delicious Yule Log
We put the matching jammies back on Christmas night.  It would have been a lot more fun if it was actually cold outside!  We had the A/C cranked up.
 
On 12/27 we drove to Winston-Salem for Christmas #3
 
Anna and Mommy 2 (Chris' grandmother)
 
Group Shot
 
 Anna did surprisingly well during all the back and forth travel!  It's no joke packing and traveling with a little one though.  Talk about exhausting!
 
New Years Eve we decided to stay in and have a few friends and their babies over.
 
Meg (and Ellie via the iphone since she had already gone to bed for this pic), me and Anna, Lauren and Harrison
4 years ago we celebrated New years Eve together...  We looked a lot more rested then
 
2011 and 2015
 
The babies playing
 
What a wonderful year it was!  Chris was off work for my last week of maternity leave.  We had such a great time sleeping in, watching movies and playing with Anna.  Monday was back to reality.  I had a great first 2 days and it's nice to be back into a routine (although I do miss sleeping in).
 
The amount of stuff I have to pack for a day at work is somewhat ridiculous.  Not sure how long I will be able to keep up pumping!
 First day back!  Notice Anna only wears outfits with mittens on them.  She has really figured out how to pull her NAM out.
 
Tomorrow is Anna's LAST NAM appointment.  I can't believe she has been wearing the device for 12 weeks.  I am so excited for it to be behind us!  The process has been miserable, but the results are amazing and I know it will pay off in the long run.
 
 Anna's surgery is still scheduled for Friday.  We won't know the exact time until Thursday.  I am nervous and not looking forward to spending the night in the hospital with only 1 recliner for the 2 of us!  We were told both parents seem to "work it out"... i.e, someone gets to sleep on the hospital floor (yuck)!  In my mind this will feel like camping (and you all know that I do not camp)!  The cleft support community has been great though.  We have been connected with so many people that we would have never known if Anna didn't have a cleft.  We were surprised this past week when a surgery care package came for Anna, sponsored by a family we don't even know.  It's so nice to know that people are thinking and praying for us and that we aren't the first family to go through this.
I probably won't post again until after surgery, but will try to keep everyone updated.  We love you sweet Anna- you are going to do great on Friday!
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you guys and precious Anna all week. Please keep us posted on the time of surgery and how it goes. So many prayers for you, the doctors and Anna.
    XO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you guys and precious Anna all week. Please keep us posted on the time of surgery and how it goes. So many prayers for you, the doctors and Anna.
    XO!!!!

    ReplyDelete