I realized I never posted an update last Friday after Anna had her stitches removed. Everything went great! We had to go through the same procedure as the Friday before- no milk after 2am, report to Duke by 6am etc. It was definitely a long week of recovery and to cap it off with that schedule was... fun...:)
6am heading to Duke. Anna is thinking "seriously people, we have to do this again?!"
Don't let this picture fool you- Anna was SCREAMING before suture removal (starving). We even got a private pre-op room because Anna was waking up the entire hospital. The nurses, once again, came to our rescue by offering the private room, dimmed lighting, a warm blanket and soothing music for Anna. They claimed they can "spot a DIVA" and she needed all the upgrades!
It was the same game plan as last time. Dr. Marcus and the Anesthesiology team came to see us and talk through the procedure, then they took Anna and we went back to the waiting room. This time the procedure only took about 15 minutes. We were called back to recovery and as we were walking through the doors I could hear my screaming child (still hungry!). The nurse quickly handed Anna to me and I quickly passed her off to Chris to soothe and feed her. It's so funny how all the nurses just assume that the mom is who the baby wants to be with. Not in this family!
Daddy to the rescue as always!
Stitches removed- 1 week post surgery. I still can't believe how quickly things have healed!
We got home around 9am, just in time to head to work. I often wonder how I even function these days.
Anna's second week of recovery went just as well as the first one. She is slowly getting used to her new mouth and drinking better from the bottle. She turned 4 months old last Sunday and had her 4 month check-up this past Wednesday. Her Pediatrician was super impressed with her new look and how well she has grown!
4 month shots. We actually love these because she sleeps so well after them (ignore the bags under my eyes- pretty sure they won't go away for 20 years)
Anna even fit in a 1st Birthday party last weekend. Happy Birthday, Ellie!
We are celebrating the end of the No-No's with a Snow Day today. It was supposed to be Anna's first day at daycare (just a half day), but I guess we will just try again on Monday and hope for better weather!
The sweetest little Snow Bunny!
Thank you again to everyone that has sent us cards/texts/phone calls and prayers. We can't thank you enough. It has meant so much to know that our friends and family are praying for us and supporting us. Anna is quite the trooper and we are so excited to enjoy a little break the next few months! Hope everyone is staying warm and safe this weekend.
Great pictures! Can't believe how quickly she healed either. She is definitely going to be the model baby!!
ReplyDeleteXO
Thanks Whit!
ReplyDelete