Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ready for Spring!

I am seriously ready for Spring.  I remember this time last year, I was newly pregnant and was longing for warmer weather and a bump (that didn't happen until about 6 weeks before I gave birth though...).  This year, I am longing for warmer weather and less of a bump (sigh...maybe I shouldn't have eaten those 2 cookies tonight?!).  The weather this week has been so nice- hoping it will stay that way!

Anyway, Anna has been sick for over a week.  She caught a bad cold, which turned into bronchitis and an ear infection.  Yep, Ear Infection #1 folks.  Cleft babies are high risk for ear infections so the pediatrician was pretty impressed that she made it almost 6 months without one.  I am really hoping this doesn't turn into a long term ordeal though.  The antibiotics are making her stomach upset- terrible diapers, diaper rash and yeast rash... and we still have 4 more days on the medicine.  Anna is such a trooper though.  We really didn't even think anything was wrong with her except she had started playing with her ear (which she had never done before), so I decided to take her to the doctor just in case. 

Sweet Anna- her eyes were so sad!  On a brighter note, do you see she is holding her own bottle?!  HALLELUJAH!!  Now I can multitask while she feeds herself.  We have been waiting for this day for a long time!
Kind of annoyed after daycare one day... not feeling well.  Sorry, Banana- I can't take off work every time you get a cold!
Aside from the cold, we also all had the Norovirus.  It was AWFUL!!  Thankfully, we have all recovered from that. 
 
We have had a few celebrations recently.   A few weeks ago we celebrated one of my long time friends, Kathryn, and her baby due to arrive in April.  She is having a surprise and I can't wait!  Anna has lots of boyfriends here in Raleigh, so it would be fun if she had a girl ;)

Hostesses with the Momma to be!  Love these Ladies!  Notice Whit was sporting a bump too... She was due 2/28 and just had baby Wells on 3/8! 
 
  Anna had her 1st Valentine's Day and made us this sweet Valentine at School.  I love it!  They do so much art.  On the last Friday of each month we get to bring home her journal with all the art she did that month.  It's so much fun to look through!  We are really loving her school and her teachers.
 
She also celebrated 5 months old recently! (I am a little late on this one... she will be 6 months old this next week)


 A little collage of all the months :)  So glad I got all these pictures before she had surgery. 
Last weekend Anna's friend Luke turned 1!  His party was too cute- Wild Things theme!
 
Her first driving experience :)
 
A quick trip to Charlotte to see her cousins.... this picture didn't quite turn out the way we had hoped.  Anna was hungry and coming down with a cold, so she just wasn't feeling herself!  Mom smocked these cute dresses for the girls.  I can't wait to get more pics of them growing up :)
Enjoying the beautiful weather this week!  I sure hope it stays this way
 Blued eyed beauty.  Her scar is getting better and better by the day!
That's it for now.  I will try to be better about updating the blog this month.  Enjoy the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment