I can't believe it's been a year since we found out Anna would be born with a cleft lip and most likely cleft palate. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember exactly what I was wearing and remember the exact words the doctor said to us. The pit in my stomach. I was finally getting excited about being pregnant and now this. I didn't feel like I was cut out to be a mother and especially not one to a child with special needs. I hated hospitals, and the thought of having to take MY child to one for monthly/yearly visits for the next 18 years seemed horrifying. I wish I had known...
What a year it has been! I wish I had known how we would feel about Anna- how special she would be. That none of that would matter because we would love her SO much. We are so proud of her and wouldn't change one thing about her. I love Duke- I am there at least once a month and I navigate that place with my big ole stroller like it's my job! I always feel so lucky when I am there. We have a child with a cleft lip and palate- pretty minor compared to what most other children are dealing with there. This year on May 7th we will be celebrating our sweet Anna (and a few other babies too- 4 parties in 1 day!). I am so thankful and so happy to be a mom this year!
I realized I never shared some of our 6 month pictures. Here are a few of my favorites! They were definitely worth the possible lime disease/tick borne illness that I got from being out in the woods (this is the exact reason I never liked Girl Scouts)!
What a difference a year makes!
No comments:
Post a Comment