Anna and I have been having a girls month. Chris has been gone on golf outings, an entire weekend at the beach with his guy friends and all this week has been in Texas for work.
Sounds fun right?! If something like this comes to mind...
WRONG! Definitely still fun (ish), but times have changed...
This is what it looks like these days...these are Anna's newest boyfriends, Wells and Cole!
We've been enjoying trips to the park, trips to Target (many of these), and walks. It's been fun but I am ready to enjoy a break at some point :)
Last weekend we did take a quick day trip to Charlotte to meet up with all my cousins and their babies. It was great to see everyone!
Abby is so sweet- she loves to give Anna hugs!
Caroline too!
Jetton side babies- only 1 boy so far!
Chillin with cousin Abby
Fun day!
I took Anna to Duke today to meet with Dr. Marcus. She got a glowing report, as usual! He thinks her scar is healing great. He commented that "it really can't get any better this," while he was high fiving a nurse! I feel so lucky that we found such a great team of doctors- they feel like family. We discussed Palate repair briefly today (I am DREADING it to say the least). Right now the game plan is for Anna to have her team appointment on June 22nd. She will meet with Dr. Marcus, Dr. Santiago (NAM doctor), Speech, Audiology, and the ENT. Everyone will evaluate what needs to happen and when. Most likely, palate repair + tubes (kind of BOGO deal!) will happen in mid to late July. We will spend 1-2 nights at Duke (as long as she is able to eat a little) and then 2 weeks in No-No's again (and no daycare). I feel like it will be MUCH harder this time around, not only because it's a more complex surgery but she is so busy these days and EVERYTHING goes in her mouth. She is really going to hate the No-No's. But, I am looking forward to her being able to eat like a normal baby and not sneeze carrots for 2 hours after she eats... It get messy, really messy!
Dr. Marcus took a picture of Anna today and later shared a picture from when we first brought her to him at about 15 days old. It's AMAZING! I can't believe how far she/we have come. We are so proud of her and so thankful for her doctors.
Well, Chris should finally be home around 1am Friday morning. It's storming here and I hate storms... I used to go sleep in my mom's bed during storms, even in high school...Sooooo hoping that doesn't mess up his flights and he is able to get home!
This was Anna when I told her DADDY would be home tomorrow! It's obvious she thinks he is way more fun than me!
No comments:
Post a Comment