Monday, December 19, 2016

November 2016

The past 1.5 months have been a bit of a whirlwind.  We have been on the road a lot.  Here are some highlights!
November started off with a 1st Bday party for Henry.  Henry is one of Anna's boyfriends from school.  He was born on Election Day, so his party was "Henry for President" themed!
Love the sportscoat on him- such a little gentleman! Anna would make a lovely 1st Lady :)


Real life- this is the best shot we got of the three of them!
Second Birthday party of the day- Reese turns 4! Party animal Banana
Next up- Rachel's baby sprinkle.  We are so excited that she is having a girl.  Whitney's house looking beautiful as always!

Hostesses with the Mom to be (x3)!

The next weekend, Chip and his family came to stay.  Anna had so much fun with her older cousins!  I think this picture is too cute- Anna is trying to be just like Caroline.
Saturday we went to Marbles Kids Museum.  It was awesome!  The girls loved it and was great entertainment.



That evening we headed over to the Parkside Christmas tree lighting.  It was pretty chilly, but the girls still had a good time!


Sunday we went to our favorite park to feed the ducks.  They were a little too friendly for my liking...

The next weekend we spent the weekend in Boone with Sarah/Matt/Grayson and Megan/Chris/Ellie.  It was so much fun but poor Anna was terribly sick and not herself.
I just LOVE that Ellie and Anna have the same hair "style."  Business in front, party in the back :)  They are too cute!  Whenever they are together people always ask if they are sisters.

Did I mention she was terribly sick?!  And it was about 20 degrees with wind chills in the teens that weekend. Parents of the year... Luckily she was only outside for a short period.

Game time!

Sunday we made it back just in time for the Santa party.  This is one of my favorite Annual events in Hortons Creek.  We pay Santa to come to a house so that we don't have to take the kids to a germ filled, crowded Mall.  BRILLIANT!  Anna was starting to feel better (or so we thought) and loved sporting her new Christmas Dress!
"Santa I am busy playing with these shiny things"
"hmmm"

"So you are telling me if I am good I will get all the puffs/cheerios and toys I want?!  Sounds suspicious..."

Group shot of all the kids.  Gavin was being so sweet trying to hold Anna still
But... she didn't love that!
So I mentioned earlier we thought Anna was starting to feel better... She had 103.5 fevers for about 4 days straight, along with major congestion.  Sunday she finally didn't have a fever, so we didn't give her any Tylenol or Motrin.  Mistake on our part!  Sunday night I woke up around 1am to terrible sounds on the baby monitor.  Ran into Anna's room and she was shaking and not conscious.  We quickly took her to the ER (longest car ride EVER), and by that point she was starting to get a little more with it, but it was clear she was very sick.  Her o2 sats were down around 90 and she had a fever of 103.6.  Spent the night in the ER, did chest x-rays around 3am with a screaming Banana and a whole lot of other nonsense just to find out there was nothing they could do.  She didn't have Pneumonia, which was great, but would need rest to fight whatever she had.  Turns out she likely had a febrile seizure due to a rapid temperature spike.
Bless- it's been a year for Anna... and us... The good news is, we are starting to sound really competent in Hospital settings.  The ER doctor asked BOTH Chris and I if we worked in the medical field because of some of the "terms" we were throwing around.  I like to act like I am smart...
We arrived home around 6:45am and all 3 of us snuggled up in bed and took an hour nap before the workday started.  It's hard having 2 working parents and no back-up when the baby is sick.  We are VERY lucky we have semi-flexible jobs that allow us to work from home when she is sick.  Chris and I usually just hand her back and forth depending on our conference call schedules, but I always feel bad that we can't give her the attention she probably needs.
4 days later she was ready for another trip though!  Charlotte for Thanksgiving.  This was about 5 mins after we got to Renny's house :)
I even ran the Turkey Trot.  Let me tell you, it was no personal record, but better than sitting on the couch I suppose.
My FAVORITE Turkey!
So Thankful for this family of mine :)
Black Friday Shopping- safety first...
Saturday we left Charlotte and headed to Greensboro for a wedding
She's starting to get a little sassy.  No idea who she gets that from!
More snacks please!
Sunday back in Cary picking out our Christmas tree
She's been so loving with the cats lately
The next weekend back in Charlotte for Ashley and Adrian's Engagement Party- also my/Ren's Birthdays, but we celebrated on Sunday.
The happy couple!

Family
Anna has been loving the Christmas Tree.  It's fun to see her so excited and even though it's kind of a pain when she tries to pull down the Christmas tree, it's also really cute
Again- loving on the cats!
Phew- that was a long post.  Sorry!  I promise I am going to do 1 more post before Christmas, so I don't have to lump all of December together :)  Hope everyone is ready for the Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment