Thursday, December 1, 2016

Surprise Date Night

I will do a post on all of our November happenings soon, but first, I wanted to post about the most amazing dinner we had last night.  My Birthday is this Saturday, but we will be out of town, so Chris wanted to do something special a few days before.  Planning is not his thing.. I typically pick where I want to go and make the reservations (fine by me)!  And... this is a vast improvement over our first year of marriage when he FORGOT my Birthday- yep you read that correctly! So, I was very surprised to say the least.

Chris sent me a text at work yesterday and told me to go to my car, there would be a package in the back.

I went outside and found this- So sweet!

 When I got home there was another package.  Anna helped pick it out ;)
 Chris arranged for his mom to come up and watch Anna (thank you!) and planned dinner at the Chef's table at Second Empire.  It was already decorated for Christmas- beautiful!
 Personalized Menu with wine pairings at each course
 First Course was a Grilled Red Grouper- I was full after this course...
Second Course was a sautéed New Bedford Sea Scallop and a Crispy "Pepsi Cola" Braised Pork Belly.  Seriously, one of the best things I have ever had!
 then we had a sorbet course- YUM
 Our final entrée course was a Grilled Australian Lambrack- AMAZING!
Then...my favorite of all... Chocolate Souffle with a Chantilly Cream Sauce.  I have been dreaming of this dessert all day- I MUST have it again soon!  The soufflé comes out piping hot and cream sauce is poured right into it at the table. Seriously, the most delicious dessert I have ever had!
The whole experience was great.  It was so much fun sitting in the kitchen and watching the hustle and bustle. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly and we learned a lot about how a kitchen runs.  My favorite was the dessert girl- I followed her around most of the night :)  She even let me torch some bananas and a cream brulee!

Chris gets major brownie points for such a special evening!  I can't wait to go back :)
 
 

1 comment: