The start of 2018 has been average. I am definitely looking forward to February and hoping it's a little less cold! Ready for Spring! This first picture about sums it up...
We started off the month with some snow. I think I posted about it in my last blog post. Enough to shut down school for a few days and thoroughly mess up our work schedules. Then we headed to Charlotte for Caroline's 5th Birthday. I can't believe she is 5! Anna didn't take a great nap in the car that day and when we got to her party she didn't want cake... we knew something was up so Chris took her to Renny's house. This was the only picture I got at the party.
Later that night she spiked a 105.1 fever, so we went to the ER around midnight. Worst mistake ever, and if you live in Charlotte I would NOT recommend Novant Health Matthews. Unfortunately we have visited the ER a few times and this was the worst experience to date. Anyway, she's fine and tested negative for the flu (I think the stick up her nose at 3am was more traumatizing than the fever) so around 4am we went home. Now I am Nervous Nelly that she could still get the flu....
I slept for a few hours, took a shower and while Chris and Anna were still asleep took Renny to the Hospital for her knee replacement surgery.
Renny threatened to remove me from her Will if I posted any pics of her, but I believe this one was approved. This was about 24 hours after her surgery, once she had time to get out of bed, find her make-up case and put a little dry shampoo in her hair :) Renny has been doing great and exceeding expectations/goals post surgery. She spent 3 nights in the hospital, 7 nights in a rehab facility and then went home. I wish I could have stayed in Charlotte longer but another snow storm was looming and I didn't want to get stuck and not be able to help Chris with Anna. We are so proud of Renny and all of her progress (and SO thankful for all of her wonderful friends that have been bringing her food and driving her around).
So back to Anna, after the 105.1 fever , Chris took her back to Cary in case she needed to see her regular doctor. She spent 2 days out of school and then the snow arrived... just in time to keep her out the ENTIRE week. Maybe this next picture is more how we felt about January this year....
It really was a beautiful snow and we got about 7 inches at our house. I think Anna was still recovering from being sick and really wasn't in the mood to play outside. Maybe next year!
While we were cooped up in the house I decided to try some french braids on Anna. I definitely need some more practice, but doesn't she look sweet?! So grown up!
Annnnd one of her new favorites is a fresh blow out!
"mean face" no idea who she learned it from
We were excited to get a couple of nice days in the sun. The new school has the best playground and it's so nice that we can walk to it. Hope everyone has a great Groundhog Day! I am hoping for an early Spring!
Loved the blog! I feel that I am there with you and Anna as I read your blog! You are a great writer and Anna will love these blogs!! 😻😻😻😻
ReplyDelete