Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update on Exterior

We finally made a decision on exterior color.  After my long blog post the other week and hours of research on colors, I decided to go with a color I hadn't even initially thought about.  I had stumbled across "Rare Gray" a few times on the Sherwin Williams site and thought it was nice.  Then as we were going to the design center one day, the house being built on lot 26 finally had it's siding on and I really liked the color.  I asked Elisa what the color was and it was Rare Gray!  Lot 26 used Rare Gray as the siding and Link Gray as the shake shingle.  I decided Link Gray was a little too dark for me, so I went with one shade lighter  in the spectrum to Sensible Hue for our siding color, and picked Rare Gray for the board and batten.

Exterior Colors (left to right)- Rare Gray (Board and Batten), Snowbound (Trim), Black Bean (Door and transoms around the door), Sensible Hue (Siding)
 
We also decided on the metal roofing color, shingle color, exterior light color and stone. Here are the paint samples with the stone and other choices
Here is a picture I snagged of Lot 26 being built today. This is the same floor plan as ours, but a different elevation.  It gives you a good idea of the color!

Last night we went to Caroline and Heath's home in Creedmoor.  They spent the past year building it, and it is just beautiful!!  You can read about on Caroline's Blog

I am taking a concealed weapons class on Saturday and I have to pass a test at the end of the class, so we practiced in Creedmoor.  I figure you can't be too careful these days, and we still live in DURHAM...Chris is a member of a gun club, so this also serves as me being interested in his hobbies :)

 Wish me luck on my test!  Happy almost Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren. I love your color selections! I am interested in painting my house sw rare gray with snowbound trim. Just want to know if the color in person comes on darker or lighter. And do you see a lot of greens or blues? It is so hard to tell online and I am struggling to make a decision. Please advise.

    ReplyDelete