Thursday morning we go for our "Level II Ultrasound" and Anatomy scan. I can't wait- when this appointment was originally scheduled back in early February it seemed like it would be forever away! They will do a bunch of measurements (fingers crossed everything looks normal) and also be able to tell us the gender of Baby T! We aren't going to find out in the office though. We are going to have the doctor write it down on a card and place it in an envelope. I will then have a friend at work open the card and call Edible Art so that they can put the correct color filling in our Gender Reveal Cake. Saturday we are heading to Charlotte to cut the cake with our family and few close friends!
All along I have been thinking Baby T is a boy. There isn't any reason for it- I figure I have a 50% chance of being right ;) Chris also thinks it's a boy and REALLY wants a boy (although he will be happy either way). So here's how the Old Wives' Tales are shaking out:
1. Carrying High or Low?
I can't say that I have any sort of "bump" yet. I just look bloated, but my lower stomach is more puffy than the rest, so we will go with low which means BOY
2. Skin/Body Clues
I have definitely had dry hands/legs, hair (which used to be super oily) and colder than usual feet. I also haven't had any acne (or no more than usual). These items also predict BOY
3. Ring Test
I tried this out the other day and the ring went back and forth which predicts GIRL
4. Heart Rate
At my last appointment Baby T's heart rate was between 145-150. This is right on the cutoff (they say lower than 145 is a boy). So we will go with GIRL for this test as well.
5. Cravings
Definitely sweets. I have always loved sweets though, so it's hard to tell. I must have dessert every night (dreading that glucose test I have to do in a few weeks...). This also points to GIRL
6. Chinese Birth Calendar
This was some silly thing I did online based on my age and month I became pregnant. My friend Aileen (who happens to be Asian) says this is almost ALWAYS true though. Based on my age of 30 and month I became pregnant (January) it predicts BOY
7. Morning Sickness
I can't really say I had morning sickness. It was more of an all day I don't want to eat anything but toast and cheese type sickness. I never really got sick though and I am sure it could have been 100 times worse, so we will go with BOY for this one.
8. History of Parents
This wives tale says that if you are the youngest in your family then you will have what your mother had and in the exact order. Ren had Charles first, so BOY for this one too.
5 for BOY and 3 for GIRL. We can't wait to find out on Saturday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment