Sunday, May 31, 2015

Mother's Day and Memorial Day

A little catch-up here.  Right after we found out that Baby T would be a girl, Chris left for India for 2 weeks and I decided to stay in Charlotte for most of the first week (it's so nice to be able to fit in work with family time).

Happy Mother's Day!
 I didn't get many pics on Mother's Day but I did snap this one of Caroline saying she was going to "get married" as she put her napkin on her head. So sweet!
After Charlotte I headed to Lynchburg for the weekend to see Hannah, Brandon and Sam.  It had been way too long and it was great to see them!  Bear is due with another baby boy just 4 days before Baby T is due!  I can't wait for them to be friends :)
 How cute is Sam?!
Chris finally returned home from India with a full blown stomach bug (Ecoli to be exact).  Bless!  We spent most of Memorial Day Weekend laying around so he could recover. We did however buy a new car on Memorial Day.  3 years ago on Memorial Day we traded Chris's car in and I got a new car.  Chris has been driving my Honda Accord ever since, so we thought it would be nice to get something he could actually fit in and would accomodate our growing family :)

Saying goodbye to the Honda.  It was such a good car!  I bought it brand new with only 5 miles on it right out of college.  When we traded it in it had 105,000 miles on it!
 New baby mobile for Chris!
I took this pic as we were driving home because Chris was so excited his head didn't hit the top of the car anymore :)
 
I also had time to whip up this Strawberry Lemon Buttermilk Icebox Pie for a Memorial Day cookout.  The Southern Living this month did a special on pies with mix and match crusts and fillings.  I opted for the graham cracker crust instead of the gingersnap crust on this one and it turned out DELICIOUS!
We just had a fun weekend with our families in town.  Mom and I found fabric for the nursery and lots of other items.  Post on that soon!  Hope everyone has a nice week.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you Sunday and hear all about the nursery planning!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete