Sunday, May 3, 2015

Spring Fun

We have been spending lots of time in the yard since the weather has gotten warmer.  Well, actually Chris has been spending lots of time in the yard and I sit and "supervise."  It is looking so much better than it did last year.  We have ripped out a few bushes and trees and replanted other items, added mulch and we finally have grass growing in the backyard!

Not the best picture but I felt kind of weird taking pictures of the front of our house.  Our neighbors are always out and about, so I snapped this from my car on the way to work one morning.
We also finally got rocking chairs for our front porch.  Makes for a nice little seating area.
The cats have been enjoying the new "greener view" as well :)
We are so excited for a new Farmers Market literally in our backyard.  It started this week and will run through November.  It's in the UNC Wellness parking lot, so we can see if from our back porch.  We walked over this past Saturday morning and got lots of goodies.  

Yes, that's a La Farm food truck... It's going to be an issue if I start having one of their White Chocolate Baguettes every Saturday morning (DELICIOUS)!
No new recipes to share.  I have been making a lot of these Summer salads.  All of the sudden I really like fruit- strange! Goat cheese, fruit and arugula is one of my favorites lately.
On the social front- last weekend Amanda came up and we attended a baby shower for our friend Anna.  She is due in June (she looks so cute)! I am pretty sure I will just look like a blob when I am 8 months pregnant...
Yesterday we attended a Kentucky Derby Party during the day and a Cinco de Mayo party during the evening.  It's so nice for Chris since he has a built in designated driver these days (yipeeee, so fun for me)!

Hamrick Derby Party
 And of course Charles looked smashing at the Derby party (this is Whitney's little 1 yr old)
 
The girls are trying to warm me up to babies, so they conveniently bring them to our Ladies Lunch for me to get a little taste :)

Webb (Kathryn's nephew) and Charles
That's about it.  I am 18 weeks pregnant this week and we find out if it will be a boy/girl next weekend!  I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Craving fruit....could mean girl?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your exterior paint colors?! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Board and Batten is SW Rare Gray and the Siding is SW Sensible Hue. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete