Wednesday, October 9, 2013

2 More Weeks!

This past Monday we FINALLY got an update from the builder.  The new granite is in and we are closing on time.  I was shocked- what was all this talk of moving closing to November?!  Our first walk through is this Wednesday and then our final walk through/closing is the Wednesday after that!  It is starting to feel real... 

Well there is one catch... If the government decides to keep taking this vacation, then we will not be closing.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for this President (that I am proud to say I absolutely did NOT vote for) to get things in order.

Anyhoo, I really like the new granite in the kitchen.  I kind of wish I had redone it in the Master too...
The cabinets look so bare without the knobs.  They will be a dark bronze color.
 The backsplash will not look this dark once it has dried.  We have to hustle over to the house each day now because they lock it up right after the workers have left.  The tile guys had just left the house when these pics were taken and the grout was still very wet.  It will dry to be a creamy/white color. I can't wait to see the knobs on the cabinets too!

  Here is the Master Bath with the messed up granite that we decided to leave.  What do you think?  At first I kind of liked it, but now I am worried the tile and walls are much too warm.  Also, the knobs we picked for the cabinets are a warm bronzy color...It's definitely not what I was originally envisioning for the space, but maybe we can make it work with a different wall color.  Ideas?

Laundry sink is in
 Knobs are on all the doors (this is the bonus room)
And we have a yard!!!

I feel like there is still a lot to be done before next Wednesday.  I have already started my buying frenzy.  I bought a refrigerator, microwave, chandelier for the dining room, pendants for the kitchen, and chandelier for the butler's pantry all while I was "at work" today.  This project will definitely not be over in 2 weeks.  It will be just the beginning ;)

2 comments:

  1. I want to see the chandeliers and pendants you chose! The house is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete