It's been another whirlwind of a few days. I will spare the story of how our closing got delayed slightly this past Wednesday, but it was a stressful 24 hours. I had to reschedule a few things, but at the end of the day we closed and got our keys late in the day on 10/23! It didn't really feel real until today. We have been so busy moving and working. Thank goodness my mom came to help us organize. Such a big help! She even cooked a delicious dinner ;) Ok, here's the recap...
Wednesday 9:30am- Walk through...Still a good bit of work to do, but since closing got delayed they had the whole day to finish those items (slight eye roll here). We met at the attorney's office around 1:30pm on Wednesday and signed the docs, but the Builder still wouldn't give us the keys until the deed was fully recorded. So we wasted some time and made a Target run, then picked up our keys around 3:00pm after we got the "all clear" sign. We went to go to our house for the first time and the painter was still there (eye roll again)! So we went to the apartment and packed up a few items and then went back over.
The builder left us this sweet basket of goodies
Then the craziness set in. Chris installed 2 of my new lights on the first night. I know some of you were wanting to see them after my last post about getting them. So, here they are!
This guy in the Butler's Pantry was NOT easy to put together. We had to unwrap every single crystal and hang them one by one. Chris told me from the beginning that he would wire the light and get it up there but would have no part in hanging the crystals... love him- look who is hanging those crystals!
Ta da! (ignore all the junk in the beverage center. We didn't have our real fridge at first)!
And here is the dining room (before and after). It's still not where I would like it, but it's coming! Let's consider this a mid-way pic.
I got to hang these crystals by myself, but it wasn't so bad. My handyman still hung the light for me :) Remember this sweet dining set I found on craigslist for a steal?! I love how it turned out! Also love that I decided to put shutters in this room and the powder room. One day we will put them in the entire house.
We don't have the pendants up yet and I don't really care about having them up until we get our barstools. The barstools I ordered will not be in till November/December even though I ordered them in August. It's cool, we have a lot of other things to work on.
Yep, this is what our garage looks like right now. We figured the best strategy was to just dump it and unpack as we go. There are a lot of steps in our new house and it's a huge workout to get everything where it needs to go. Hoping the garage will only look like this for a few weeks...
It's been so great to finally be in the house. The cats are adjusting pretty well. The first night all they did was run up and down the stairs :)
We moved literally all day Thursday and Friday. Mom showed up just in time on Friday to unpack and organize our whole kitchen. She also whipped up a few pillows for our family room. I love how it turned out! I am ordering extra fabric (aqua long dot fabric below) and she is going to whip up a valence for the breakfast nook. I think the valence will really tie everything together.
Tom loves it!
I have been loving all the new appliances, especially the fridge that we ordered. It's so fun, I can download pictures to it and it will scroll across the screen!
Delicious dinner and cute front porch thanks to Ren!
Chris has been hard at work building shelves in the office closet for his "Command Center."
I just try to stay out of the way. I have no idea what's going on in there!
Well that's about it for right now. I have been procrastinating on bringing in more boxes by writing this blog post. Time to get back to work. We are going to the Fair later today with Caroline and Heath. It will be nice to have a little break!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I just try to stay out of the way. I have no idea what's going on in there!
Well that's about it for right now. I have been procrastinating on bringing in more boxes by writing this blog post. Time to get back to work. We are going to the Fair later today with Caroline and Heath. It will be nice to have a little break!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

The house looks beautiful!!! Can't wait to see it in person Tuesday!!
ReplyDeleteRen is the best - she sure knows how to make a house feel like home! Can't wait to invite myself over soon!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the light fixtures. Everything is looking amazing already! Hopefully we can come see you soon!
ReplyDelete