We loved Venice. It might have been my favorite city of the trip. It was so nice to just walk everywhere and take a break from taking the subway. The weather was also the nicest out of all the cities on the trip. But first... How we got there...
We left Paris on the night train around 7pm. I booked tickets 4 months
in advance and booked us a private room on the train with our own
bathroom. After a few days my credit card had not been charged and I
started thinking ugghh this is not good. Rail Europe called and said
all private compartments were sold out during the entire month of May.
We would have to sleep in a shared compartment with 2 other people and
share a bathroom. The good news- it was cheaper! So, we boarded our
train to find a nice older French couple would be sharing our
compartment. We literally couldn't speak a single word to each other
(AWKWARD)! At least I got the top bunk! We actually slept pretty well, as the rocking of the train was soothing.
| Chris thinks he is so cultured now that he drinks red wine :) |
We arrived in Venice around 9am to bright sunny skies that we had yet to see on the trip. I felt like I was finally on vacation! Our hotel was a short walk from the train station and luckily they had a room for us. We showered and then went out to explore and find our first pizza in Italy!
| Our hotel in Venice |
![]() |
| First meal in Venice. This little birdy would not leave us alone! |
![]() | |
| and of course, our first Gelato in Italy! YUM! |
I could post pictures all day of this beautiful place!
![]() | |
| Dinner and after dinner wine. You can buy wine from any store, street vendor etc. and walk around the drink it! |
We only spent one night in Venice, but it was definitely enough time to see everything. Next up is Florence!



No comments:
Post a Comment