Monday, September 2, 2013

Whirlwind

Sometimes I feel like my life is such a Whirlwind.  I know everyone must feel like this, but really... what I would give for a day off with nothing to do (if that ever happened, I am sure I would fill it with chores/tasks)!!   Anywho, it was a busy week. I spent a few days in Minnesota for work, and Chris was in California until around midnight on Friday night.  Yours truly got to stay awake and pick him up at the airport :)  Saturday we re-grouped and then had dinner with a few good friends.  We were so excited for the start of football season that we put 2 TV's side by side and had our friends over to our apartment to watch the games.  App was a sad story, but Clemson won!  Woo hoo!  Most of you know that my dad's side of the family are all big Clemson fans/grads, so I like to cheer for them too.
 
Amanda, Sarah and Matt.  I am so excited that Sarah and Matt recently moved to the area.  She was my GrandBig in ADPi at APP.

We headed to the lake Sunday morning and had a nice time with Chris's dad.  I don't think I got any pics- but we cruised around on his new jet boat most of the day and then had a lovely evening of Peach Daiquiri's and movie watching!  Sunday morning we drove to Lynchburg to see Hannah, Brandon and Sam.  They are also building a house, which should be finished by September 26th!!  We took a quick trip over to see it and it is seriously beautiful- we can't wait to go visit when it is finished!  Chris with Sam below- so cute!  Sam is like a mini Brandon.
Alright a few things have happened at our house (but let me tell you, there doesn't seem to be any type of hurry)...Transoms are in and most of the tile is in.  Today they were also putting the metal roof on, but I didn't get a picture.
Jack and Jill bath- I like how this tile turned out.

Deck progress

Deck looking over to Screen Porch

Guest bath upstairs

Master bath... You can't tell in this picture, but the tile in the shower looks totally different from the tile on the floor.  I don't love it.  I am going to check with the designer to make sure it's the same tile.  It seriously looks 3 shades darker in the shower.
I pan seared salmon tonight and made an Avocado Mango Salsa to go on top.  It was delicious if I must say so myself :)  I got the inspriation from Katy who was so sweet to make me dinner this past week while Chris was gone.  It wasn't really a recipe, but message me if you want the ingredients.
 
That's a wrap for Labor Day weekend.  Hope it's a great short week at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment