Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nice Weekend

The weather has been so beautiful the past 2 days!  What a nice break from all the rain and humidity.  Friday night we headed over to Katy and Corey's NEW HOUSE!!!!  They were our neighbors on Basset Hall and they have also been building a house this year.  They closed on Tuesday, so we thought it would be appropriate to join them for the 1st Pizza Friday on Baronet Court.  Their house is BEAUTIFUL! Here is a little peak at their kitchen-

 We sat outside on their screen porch and enjoyed the evening.  It made Chris and I even more anxious to get into our house.  Soon enough!

Chris left for California Saturday morning so Mom came up to entertain me. We had a great time.  She hasn't seen the house since it was just raw land, so it was fun to show her all the progress.  Whit (Olivia) and Carrie joined as well!

This is the laundry room as of Saturday. They were working on tile when we stopped by... We chose a darker "Walnut" tile since it's right off the mud room and will be a high traffic area.  I love how it turned out. The laundry sink will have a dark Cocoa Corian surface and the cabinets will have the lady bug knobs:)  Remember those guys from back in March when I blogged about picking them out?!(You can see it here)
This is the 1st guest bath upstairs
 Master bath shower

Jack and Jill bath- This was the only bath that we chose a very light tile because we picked the very white cabinets with black granite and crystal knobs.  I didn't want the tile to be too dark right next to the white cabinets.


It was a lovely afternoon followed by lunch at Cafe Caturra
 Sweet Olivia was so good- we forgot she was even at lunch with us!  You can read about her many adventures on Whit's Blog

Mom and I finished off the day with Margarita's and Mexican at MEZ!
What a fun time!  

I am missing Chris (barf, I know) but I have a busy week.  Minneapolis Tuesday-Thursday for work and lots of other work to do in between. Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather and has a great week!




1 comment:

  1. Such a fun Saturday! Loved seeing you, Ren and the GORGEOUS home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete